Life is very precious consequently we spend our lives oftentimes living very cautiously and following a path almost everyone has accepted; the tried and tested simple lifestyle of the world. Times have changed and now more than ever, people are being told to live out their passions. From ages ago, people have constantly lived according to what is popular and now its passions. I believe this way of living has been according to need. The current need to self-actualize achievement maximum happiness and contribution to the world.
Passion is intense emotion which exerts and overpowering pressure over you. Living with Passion is to live a self-honest life. A life that fulfils what your true self wants. This means transparency between what you are doing and what genuinely makes you feel fulfilled. Your Passion is who you are, your identity. If you were a company, your passion will be your brand.
I have outlined a few things which will help you to live daily on your passions
1. Define your core values and write out you mission and vision statements
Writing down these statements and values may seem like a small thing to do until you actually sit down to them. The amount of thought, self-reflection, self-awareness and honesty required to come up with the right statements are worth more. There is also magic in writing things down. Research shows you are more likely to do something when you write it down than when you leave it on your mind.
2. Know what your passion is
Your passion becomes your purpose, what you love to do and who you are. Your passion is what keeps you going when all odds are against you. When we usually think of life without us, we want to be remembered for somethings, our vision, what we built and how we made others feel. The Vision for your life, your purpose and passion are all intertwined. Most often, our passions come from our experiences which evoke strong emotional reactions from us like love, hate or pain.
3. Be in constant thought of your passion
Let’s say Be obsessed with what you like doing which is your passion. This will allow you to do more things in relation in what you love doing which gives you a rush of adrenaline, mental motivation to keep going. Some successful men and women have even gone further constantly pursue their passion through a ridiculous work ethic and discipline which are needed to be successful at something
4. Have an assessment procedure and follow it honestly
To know how you are doing, you will need to constantly evaluate your life by monitoring your progress levels and how better you are feeling about what you are doing. Sometimes, the novelty of things to us attract us but with time they become boring and less emotionally rewarding to our lives.
Among all the above, make sure to
5. Stay open to all sorts of ideas and be curious enough. This will help you discover new things related to your passion. You can also discover new things which you are passionate about
6. Let go of your fears, learn what you can and go according to your plan
7. Learn to visualize your success and live a life of contribution
8. Do random things which come to mind. If they go right, you’ll feel better and if they go wrong you’ll still feel better in the long run. You may feel like a failure but save yourself the lifelong thought of “If had done it”
These are not to be taken like commands and followed like robots follow commands. But once there’s honesty and truth in what you are doing, these guidelines will help you find what you are passionate about and how to do it. Much like success and other things, there’s no cutout road map to passion.